A fabulous way to present yourself to the business community is via a personal LinkedIn profile.
Your profile should build trust and credibility that will lead to quality connections on LinkedIn, generating confidence and authenticity.
Once established, you can begin connecting with like-minded professionals, people you would like to get to know and follow, future employers or employees, mentors and influencers.
When creating your profile please bear in mind that you never get a second chance to create a first impression. Yours should set you apart and reflect who you are.
Here are some important tips:
- Your LinkedIn headline is the MOST critical part of your profile because along with your name and photo it is the first thing anyone will see when searching for you or landing on your profile.
- Please use a professional profile photo ie a headshot where you are professionally dressed, smiling and looking straight at the camera.
- Ensure you use a cover image (banner) that represents you. This is prime LinkedIn real estate and is a mistake to leave blank.
- Unless you are a job seeker, your profile should NOT be written like a resume. Write it in the first person and speak directly to the people you want to connect with.
- Once your profile is complete ensure you don’t take too long to reply to messages, connection requests and other forms of engagement.
I hope you found this useful and should you need any assistance with creating your personal profile or a Business LinkedIn page, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or phone 0411050213.
Sue Scobie – Building Your Brand